Remedies for Weak and Malefic Sun in Vedic Astrology
Sun in Astrology
- Sun represents the soul, self, one’s personality, ego, power, leadership qualities, self-realization, courage, power. He signifies who you are as a soul.
- He also signifies father and the qualities or genes gained from the father’s side, relationship with father,
- Sun is a vast and majestic planet represents royal status, magnetism, authority, royal favour, power, fame, honour etc.
- Sun signifies political career, bureaucracy, govt. properties, favours from Govt. etc. If the Sun is debilitated or weak, then trouble from Govt arises.
- Sun represents the heart, head, eye
Result of Malefic Sun
- When the Sun is posited in malefic positions, the native will be insecure and uncertain in life. They will try to dominate others and at the same time do not get along well with superiors.
- Relationship with father might get spoiled
- This position makes them overconfident, arrogant, proud, self-opinionated, over authoritative and always try to praise themselves.
- There can be problems related to bones
- There can be problems related to heart especially in old age
- They may face many obstacles in dealing with Government work & projects and even politicians
Result of Weak Sun
- The individual will be low in confidence and may face problems in dealing with society
- They may have a weak constitution and low in metabolism
- There could problems related to eyes and eyesight could become dull
According to Ayurveda, the malefic nature of the Sun causes bilious or pitta dosha in the body. It can cause excessive hunger & thirst, burning sensation, Fatigue, lack of strength, anger, dizziness, greying of hair & baldness, excessive sweating, very strong digestive power.
Diseases caused by the Sun
General body weakness, Eye problems, heart problems, sunstroke, sunburns, digestive fire, bilious complications, baldness, weak constitution, long bones, stomach, blood & immune system
Remedies for Sun
Remedies work in two ways: one is strengthening a weak planet (sometimes strong planet also) and other is creating protection from the malefic planet. The planet is like a mirror, which shows our present condition.
Certain karmas appear to teach some lesson to the individual. Acknowledging and surrendering to it is the first step. That acknowledgment and correcting the mistake is like reversing the karma, with the help of remedies. Reversing of karma can be done in many ways and involves certain procedures. And some karmas cannot be reversed and have to be experienced in its own way. But again with the help of remedies, one can change the attitude of acceptance.
Sun is the life force within us and it is natural atmakaraka planet. When the Sun is posited in malefic place means that there are problems at the soul level. Therefore, one has to clean the doshas related to Sun.
(Also Read: What is a remedy in Vedic Astrology)
When Sun in overpowered by other planets (especially Saturn), there can be a feeling of low confidence and problems in dealing with society. In these times, you should intentionally present yourself positively to the outer world. You should not suppress ego but boost yourself by creating positive affirmations. When Sun is strong and malefic, then there will be excessive ego, which has to be controlled.
Mantras are a powerful way of reducing the ill effects of the malefic planets. Chanting any of these mantras regularly will bestow good results.
Beeja Mantra – Om Hram Hreem Hroum Sah Suryaya Namah (Chant total 7000 times on Sundays)
Gayatri Mantra – Read benefits of Gayatri mantra
For intellect and removal of sorrow – Surya Malika Stotra
For the protection of fire – Agni Stuti
For health and fame – Suryashtaka
For protection – Shiva Kavacha
For protection from disease and abhichara – Surya Stava
For all-round success and courage – Aditya Hrudayam
For success – Surya Shatanamavali, Rama Shatanamavali
(Refer Mantra section for the above mantras)
Worshiping can be internal or external. External worship includes devotion to the divine in the form of image, idol, linga, saligrama or any other symbol. Internal worship is done through mental channels without any physical entity. Get up early in the mornings and perform pooja to the deity.
Offer water to Sun
Worship Lord Shiva
Offer Red Rose
Perform Rudrabhishek on Sundays
Perform Gayatri havan or yagna
Charity and Donation
To strengthen the planet Sun, one should donate things which are related to the Sun, like wheat, copper items, jaggery, red cloth, red flower, ghee. Also, create affirmations in the mind, like ‘all the karmas created intentionally or unintentionally should go away’. Donate these items as per your ability. These can be given on Sundays.
Perform Satyanarayana Vrata, Uma Maheswara Vrat, Shivaratri Vrat
The gemstone is a crystal piece which allows the particular colour of rays in a magnified way to the body. These are used to strengthen the planetary vibrations in the body. The gemstone for the planet Sun is Ruby or Manikya. It must be embedded in a ring and its bottom should touch the body part. Consult an astrologer before wearing it.
Consume ghee, milk, butter regularly
Prefer sweet fruits more than sour ones
Don’t skip meals and maintain proper timings for the food.
Yoga and Pranayama
Marjariasana (Cat stretch)
Shishuasana (Child posture)
Naukasa (Boat posture)
Setubandhasana (Bridge posture)
Perform Bhastrika Pranayama
Yantras are mathematical symbols or diagrams. Generally, they are used in worshipping deities and planet lords and also in tantric acts. When it is energized and worshiped daily, can create positive influence around. Surya Yantra is used to strengthen the Sun. But bring yantra after consultation only.
Colours are used to balance energy in the body. The seven chakras in the body are associated with different colours. Similarly, planets are also associated with different colours. Imbalance of any colour can create problems in that particular chakra and also on the planet. Colour therapy can reduce that imbalance. Red is the colour of the Sun. So, wear more red and orange coloured clothes to strengthen the Sun.
Music will impact the mind in its own way. Every planet is associated with different raga and tala. So, working on these aspects can alter the planetary vibrations. Listen more of Dhruva Tala to improve Sun prospects.
Drink water from the copper vessel
Avoid excessive salt in food especially on Sundays